Summer is going by so quickly.
I’ve been looking at some photos from last summer, and I want to make sure I feel I got all I could out of this summer.
At the end of May I always feel like I have so much time during the slower summer months. Then June flies by and it will be August before I know it! I work at a university, so while I still work during the summer (so jealous of my teacher friends!!), it’s a much slower pace than during the semesters. The fall semester is particularly busy, so I want to take advantage of these last few easier weeks as much as possible!
I thought it might be a good idea to make a list of everything I want to accomplish before August 24th, the official start to the fall semester where I work. Some of the items are more task oriented, and some are just about having fun.
- Do a deep cleaning of my house. We have been in our house for over two years now, and there are still a few boxes that need unpacking. I’d love to find everything a place to live before summer ends.
- Clean out my closet and donate old clothes. I know there are multiple items in my closet that I don’t wear and it’s time for them to go! It’s so much easier to get ready in the morning when everything is tidy and organized!
- Stick with my 80/20 clean eating plan. Vacations, especially to Las Vegas, can throw off progress. It’s time to get back to it. I want to make sure the habit sticks so I can navigate the holiday season in a healthy way!
- Continue my exercise plan. I have been working out in some form pretty much every day since summer started…. until Vegas. I want to continue to get fitter and stronger!
- Go kayaking. We have a lake really close to our house, and we have only been kayaking on it once. It was so fun. I’d love to do that again while the weekends are not so busy.
- Take lots of pictures! This is one I struggle with. I always forget to grab photos when I am hanging out with family or friends. We were looking back on our pictures of Vegas, and we didn’t have one shot of the whole group that was with us! Nick and I will be traveling to Florida for a vacation with my Family in early August. I definitely want to leave the trip knowing we have some good photos to look back on.
I feel good about this list, and it’s not too much to take on! For those of you setting goals for the summer, what are your top priorities?
Here is to July being productive and fun!