Happy Monday! It has been almost 2 months since my last post, and it feels strange! I had fallen into a pattern of blogging at least once a week, and so this small hiatus has been just one of the many changes that has occurred over the last few months. This has definitely been the summer of change…. and it’s exhausting, exciting, and scary all at the same time.
It’s been 4 weeks since we officially moved to Waco, TX from Dallas, and it’s been a crazy whirlwind since the end of June. I just started a new job, Nick quit his to start law school, we packed up one house, unpacked another, and everything else that comes with it. I wanted to share some of that process, but also share what things I am looking forward to!
We are finally just getting back into a routine, and I have definitely missed that structure! We had too many weeks eating out because we wanted to keep our kitchen clean (our we were too ahead of the game and packed it early) or having goodbye get-togethers with friends and coworkers before we left. My body is NOT happy.
Me finally demanding some salad bar action from Whole Foods.
Final walk in our old neighborhood! Now we get to explore new trails and fun places to walk!
Eventually, I will have to do a post on the moving process itself. Moving is a great opportunity to purge of stuff you don’t use, and I found a TON of helpful moving tips on Pinterest. We only had two weeks to pack once I finally received a job offer, so now I know we are an efficient household! (I definitely don’t recommend the two week packing plan!!)
Our first stop in Waco after the move! I was super pumped to finally have an HEB. I will however miss all of the variety that Dallas has to offer. Small-town living will be a new adventure for me.
Thoughts from the move:
- Moving is stressful. Starting a new job is stressful. It’s OK to give yourself some grace as you take time to get into a new routine. – I had to remind myself of this constantly. As women, we tend to be great support systems for others, but rarely show ourselves the same compassion.
- It is a STRUGGLE to stay in shape during a move. Sure you are lifting boxes, and burning calories packing, but all of the meals out, fast food, lack of sleep, and constant stress take a toll on your body. I have not been this out of shape in a long time, and it sucks.
- Finding that new work-life balance is hard. When you start a new job, you have to give it your all that first few months. For me, that means lots of 60+ hour weeks, long hours, and working on weekends. Not great when you are trying to get into a workout routine… but again, back to my first point about grace.
Things I’m looking forward to:
- Exploring our new home! It has been so hot here, and then really rainy from the Hurricane aftermath, but now that the weather is getting more pleasant, I can’t want to get out and explore.
- FALL- it’s coming! I may have already made something pumpkin =). Stop judging.
- College Football. I have another new college team to cheer on this year!
- Blogging more! This has been my biggest break so far since I created this blog in 2015. I have some catching up to do.
Wishing you a week filled with happiness and self-care.