Full disclosure, these are not “healthy” cookies just because they are made with oats and don’t contain any flour or oil. They are however, amazing.
I was in the mood for something sweet on Saturday afternoon when I came across a recipe on Pinterest by O to the No. I loved that I had everything to make these in my pantry, and that it took all of 10 minutes to get them in the oven.
I made two kinds: plain oatmeal peanut butter, and some with white chocolate chips. I tested both for research purposes of course.
They came out perfectly chewy and held up well after being stored for a couple days.
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (chunky would work fine too!)
- two eggs
- 1/2-2/3 brown sugar (this is totally up to your preference, both ways have worked fine)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup certified gluten free quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- white chocolate chips or other mix ins as you like!
- Preheat oven to 350F and line baking sheets with parchment so the cookies don’t stick.
- Mix oats and baking soda in a small bowl.
- Mix eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, and peanut butter in a medium bowl until it has a smooth consistency- about 1-2 minutes.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet and mix well.
- Add in chocolate chips or extras.
- Spoon tablespoons of dough onto the baking sheets.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until lightly brown- this will make them nice and chewy. *Add extra time if you prefer a crisper cookie, but we can no longer be friends.
- Let cookies cool and enjoy!
Let’s just forget about the nutritional information, and just look at another pic of the cookies.
Yep, that’s better!
Hope your Monday is off to a great start!