The days are longer, the weather is sunny and warm, and the workload seems to trail off a bit. Summer is a time to rejuvenate, relax, and do something good for yourself! Now that things are calming down for me, I like to take some time in May to plan out my summer months so that I really feel like I got the most out of it that I can!
Here are the things I like to focus on and plan for:
- Vacations: These don’t have to be actual trips. Stay-cations are sometimes the best way to really relax. It’s all about unplugging and enjoying the moment! I have a few trips coming up this summer that I am really looking forward to:
- The Lake- Over Memorial Weekend (AKA my Birthday Weekend!) I am heading with some friends to their lake house. I’m looking forward to some lazy weekend days!
- Vegas!- Yep, I’m heading back again this year with three girlfriends. We are celebrating our last year in our 20’s. I’ll be sure to blog about all the new gluten free goodies I find!
- New Mexico- I’m also heading out with Nick’s family to a cabin in New Mexico for a week. This will be the exact opposite of the fast paced Vegas trip and I can’t wait.
- Good Books: I don’t know about you, but I hardly have time to read during the fall and spring when work is super crazy. I’m looking forward to getting into these:
- Inferno- Finally getting around to this Dan Brown book. They are making it into a movie so I want to read it before it comes out.
- Girl of the Train- Another one I’ve been hearing good things about that will also be coming out as a movie.
- Something science fiction =). Nick got me a couple to choose from at Christmas.
- Self-health: This is the best time to take care of yourself. Head to the doctor for your check-ups, book some spa treatments (or even better DYI them!), and focus on clean eating and exercise.
- I plan on booking myself a massage and a few mani/pedis! This is something I don’t do often, but is such a nice treat especially if you are working out a lot.
- Wear sunscreen! I put this on every morning, and I’m going to be really diligent this summer about reapplying so that I am sun safe =).
- House Projects: Summer is a great time to de-clutter and finally finish those house projects I’ve been talking about forever but still haven’t done.
- Closet Clean Out! I like to do this twice a year. I know I have things to donate.
- Art Projects- Nick and I have collected some wood pallets for some projects this summer. One of them should end up looking like this if it all goes according to plan =).
No matter what I end up doing this summer, I plan to enjoy every moment!
What are your trips, projects, or plans for the next few months? I’d love to hear about them!
2 thoughts on “Summer Time, and the Living Is Easy”
Cool sounding plans : ) I don’t really have any specific summer plans but if we get hot weather again where I am I’ll definitely take advantage of it : )
LikeLiked by 1 person
For sure! It’s been cloudy here all last week. Some sunshine would be nice =)
LikeLiked by 1 person