Happy Tuesday everyone!
I hope you had a wonderful 3-day weekend if you were lucky enough to have off for Labor Day. I was in a cooking mood, so look out for a ton of recipes coming this week!
I LOVE baking in the fall. While it may not feel like fall outside yet (it’s still in the mid-90’s here), my body is ready for cozy days baking in the kitchen.
At the beginning of each fall semester, my student leaders get free warm cookies delivered from Tiff’s Treats. They deliver cookies fresh from the oven on campus. For someone who has Celiac, it’s basically a form of torture to smell the warm cookies. The M&M cookies are by far the best looking ones in the box. I decided I couldn’t resist any longer, so I decided to whip up some gluten free ones at home!
I found a non-gluten free recipe that looked amazing from fellow blogger Sally’s Baking Addiction. I’ve adapted a few of her recipes to be gluten free, and they always turn out great! These turned out chewy, soft, and delicious!
I’m not a huge fan of cookie dough batter, but Nick said it was amazing. I used Cup4Cup gluten-free all purpose flour this time (found it at Target) and it worked really well! The cookies bake up quickly (about 8 1/2 minutes) and will be light in color, so don’t over-bake!
Best of all, the dough lasts in the fridge for about 5 days covered, so you can make fresh cookies every day if you want! That’s so dangerous…
Gluten Free M&M Cookies
- 2 cups + 2 tbsp gluten free all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (make sure you use fresh!)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2-1 cup mini M&M candies
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt with a whisk.
- With a mixer or hand-held mixer, cream butter until smooth.
- Add both sugars, eggs, and vanilla and beat until creamy.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the mixer on low speed and mix until just combined.
- Pour in mini M&M’s and combine completely.
- Tightly cover cookie dough and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. If making cookies at a later time, dough can be refrigerated for up to 5 days.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Spoon dough out into tablespoons on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Press each cookie to slightly flatten.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until bottom of cookies is very light brown. Do not over bake if you want that chewy texture!
- Enjoy a chewy, chocolate candy filled, gluten free cookie!
If you work this week, I hope it goes by quickly and smoothly!