Ok, the forecast here is awful!
I’m so ready for fall temps to stay, but for the next week or so, we will face temps in the mid-90s! Summer is definitely wanting to stick around!
I however, am ready to get in a more festive mood! While scanning through Pinterest the only day, I came across a copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Pound Cake recipe from fellow blogger The First Year. I decided to try and recreate it gluten free style.
This is slowly becoming my new favorite thing. Taking copycat recipes and making them GF so all my gluten avoiding friends can enjoy them! Look out for more copycat recipes to come!
I was never a big fan of cloves. I prefer to sub in ground ginger. The combination with the cinnamon and nutmeg is wonderful.
I combined all dry ingredients into a medium bowl, including the freshly grated nutmeg. I think it definitely makes a difference!
I combined the dry into the wet ingredients and then baked it in the oven for about an hour. It makes the house smell so good!
I let it rest for about 15 minutes before taking it out of the pan. I thought the gluten free flour stood up very well in the recipe and the flavor was amazing.
Hoping the weather where you are is feeling a little more like fall. Until Texas catches up, I will just have to live vicariously through you!
Starbucks Copycat Gluten Free Pumpkin Pound Cake
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free all purpose flour (I used Cup4Cup)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (make sure you use fresh!)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- With a mixer or hand-held mixer, combine milk, sugars, egg whites, and pumpkin until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the mixer on low speed and mix until combined.
- Spray a loaf pan thoroughly with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan, and bake for 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Enjoy with a hot cup of coffee on a crisp fall morning! (unless you are in Texas, then just pretend…)
6 thoughts on “Starbucks Copycat: Gluten Free Pumpkin Pound Cake”
Good lordy, that looks tempting 😛 Luckily for my (and my waistline!) I don’t think I could be bothered to bake it, lol.
This looks so delicious 🙂
Thank you! Sometimes it’s hit or miss with gluten free, but this turned out great!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Did you say you used 4 cups of flour?
I want to make it but wasn’t sure :0)
Hi Shana! The recipe calls for 1 1/2 cups of gluten free flour. I prefer Cup4Cup brand with this recipe. Happy baking!