I for one am happy that 2016 has come and gone. It was a busy year full of some really great memories, but also some really trying times. I am finally back at work from a nice long two-week break. Our vacation to St. Lucia was amazing. I can’t wait to share pictures and gluten free advice from our Sandals experience.
But first, I wanted to recap all about Christmas and New Years! We spent Christmas Eve at Nick’s house enjoy yummy food and watching movies. On Christmas Day, we drove to my parents for dinner and presents. I had to take a pic of the table, it was so pretty!
I got a lot of really great gifts this year. Opening stockings at my parents is always one of my favorites. The little gifts are always some of the best. I also gifted myself the new Tone It Up Bundle for their 2017 Challenge!
It came with this super cute backpack, sliders, a jump rope, socks, a towel to take to classes, and of course, their new workouts with Julian Michaels! I did one this morning and it was tough!
We had one more day of splurges before the clean eating started again. New Years Eve Nick and I decided to stay in, and it was the perfect decision. We made snacks, and had some delicious cocktails. This was muddled blackberries, whiskey, sparkling lime water, and a splash of strawberry lemonade. Yum!
I also made deviled eggs, and some awesome dips. Guacamole is a go to, and we also mixed up a spicy pimento cheese dip.
Champagne, a blanket, and hanging out with the husband and dog. I can’t think of a better way to ring in the new year.
Ok, so back to the Challenge! From now until Valentine’s Day, my goal is to eat as clean as possible. I really want to stick with this not just to get in better shape, but to love my body. I will be sticking to lean protein, veggies, fruit, and healthy carbs and fat for the next 6 weeks. My goal is to stick with it for most meals, and plan a fun treat every week. This leads me to goals for 2017!
- Stick to a clean eating diet and exercising most days of the week.Check out the challenge if you want to join me. It’s not too late!
- Meditate. This is a new one for me. I’ve been reading a lot on mindful meditation, and all of the mental and physical perks it can provide. I’m hoping 2017 will be the year of less stress, and more enjoying the moment!
- Save money. Less shopping, more saving is my new motto.
- Declutter. I know I already own everything I need, it’s just a matter of knowing what all I have! Every few weeks, I plan to clean out an area of our house, donate what we don’t need, and organize what we do. This should help all of my other goals be more successful.
- Be happy and love more. I’ll be taking a break from Facebook. Everything on there these days is so negative. Who needs a constant reminder of that all day long. I plan to start each day with thinking about all I am grateful for.
And with that, I’ll end my first post of 2017 with a sneak peak photo from my St. Lucia trip!
I would love to hear your goals for the new year and any healthy plans you have in store. Wishing you all a happy and healthy 2017!